So I decided to try prawn stuffed batura and it was a hit. Here goes the recipe....
For Prawn masala:
- Prawns - 250 gms (de-shelled & de-veined)
- Onion - 1 big (thinly sliced)
- Green chillies - 1 (cut round)
- Ginger - 1 inch (chopped finely)
- Garlic - 3 flakes (chopped finely)
- Coriander leaves - handful (chopped finely)
- Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - a pinch
- Coconut oil - 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Wheat flour - 1 cup
- Egg - 1
- Curd - 2 tbsp
- Ghee - 1 tsp
- Sugar - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Oil for deep frying
1. Knead the wheat flour with egg, curd, ghee, sugar and salt into a smooth dough. Cover with a damp cloth and keep aside for 4 hours.
2. Cook the cleaned prawns with 1/2 tsp chilli powder, 1/2 tsp coriander powder and salt in a pan for 6-7 mins until its cooked.
3. Now heat oil in a kadai and sauté the onions and green chillies until they turn transparent. Then add ginger and garlic and sauté till the raw smell disappears.
4. Add the coriander leaves and prawns to this and mix it well. Then add the dry masalas and salt and mix for couple of minutes. The prawn masala for batura is ready.
5. Now divide the dough into small balls (slightly bigger than puri) and roll it into slightly thick batura.
6. Place the masala in the center of one batura and cover it with another batura and seal all the ends by pressing with fingers gently.
7. Deep fry this stuffed batura in well heated oil.
8. Cut the baturas into 2 and serve.