- Basmati Rice - 3 cups
- Carrot - 1/2 cup
- Beans - 1/2 cup
- Cabbage - 1/2 cup
- Capsicum - 1/2 cup
- Spring Onion - 1/2 cup
- Celery - 1/2 cup
- Pepper Powder - 2-3 tsp
- Sat to taste
- Ajinomoto - a pinch (optional)
- Oil - 2tbsp
1. Wash and soak Basmati Rice for 20mints and cook by adding salt and 1 tsp oil. Care should be taken not to over cook the rice. It should be just 90% cooked.
2. Finely chop all the vegetables and keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a deep bottom pan and add carrot and saute for a min. Similarly, add the rest of the vegetables one after another in the order above.
4. When all the vegetables are almost cooked, add the cooked rice, pepper, ajinomoto and salt if necessary and mix well.
5. This fried rice goes well with chilli chicken and chicken soup.